Friday, August 29, 2008

At 35


  Today I turn 35 and I feel like I am just hitting my stride. I have risen to a new level on so many facets of my life. I have grown to be a father and man with a family. I have found clarity in my life both personally and professionally. I am in better health. And I am learning Grace.
  I can honestly say that I have learned all of this from someone who can only communicate in babble and loving smiles. My son.
  Benjamin is the one I credit for opening my eyes to life. That I need to look for focus. That I should be cognizant of my actions. He has shown me that life has a priority and enjoying it is at the top.
  Because of him I am taking better care of my health. I am 30 pounds lighter today than I was three years ago. I wake up before the sun rises and run 16 miles a week. I have learned to enjoy egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast. And have slowly learned patience.
  I look at the world differently at 35 than I did at 25 and I see where I want to be when I am 45. I understand that what you do in your personal life effects how you are in your professional life. I understand that how you treat your professional life effects your personal life.
  In the last few months, I have made changes to my business the will lead it in a new direction. A direction that excites me and shows me that I am no longer that gung-ho photojournalist fresh out of college. I see new things with my creative gift and wonder how it will shape me.
  At 35 I am in search of Grace. Sunday's have become personally enlightening days of the week for me. Sitting in the crying room during service, I have found nuggets of wisdom and inspiration that speak to me. Finding Grace is a life-long endeavor and one that comes a little more easily with age.
  At 35 I feel alive and blessed. Even if I did find gray whiskers in my beard this week.

1 comment:

Dad said...

For some strange reason I have this urge to stop by a McDonald's right now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, son. I love your new site.

I'll call you later today.

Love,

Dad & Sylvia