Monday, May 25, 2009

This King Needs a Team


Last night was Orlando's turn to host the NBA Eastern Conference Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Orlando Magic. After the Magic took Game 1 Cleveland was able to split the series when their franchise player and media pinup girl Lebron James nailed a final second three pointer.
In Cleveland's other two playoff series they swept both Detroit and Atlanta without any problems and waited while Orlando grinded it out with Philadelphia and Boston. And while they waited ESPN and TNT cranked up their hype machines for a ratings dream matchup between Lebron and Kobe for the Finals.
That was until the Magic came to town. Let me just say this. After watching Games 1 and 2 and shooting Game 3, I don't think the networks are going to be happy. I know some may discount my opinion as being a homer but I just see Orlando as the better overall team. They have more depth on their roster where the Cavs are Lebron and four other guys.
Don't get me wrong I think Lebron could will the Cavaliers into the Finals but he looked exhausted after the first game in Cleveland and last night I caught him bent over sucking air. I don't think if this series goes long he'll be able to last.
Also when you think about it. Had that last second three rimmed out Orlando would be looking to close things out tomorrow night. I just can't see King James beating the Boys in Blue.
On a side note, it was interesting to see as a team goes deeper into the playoffs the more the sidelines become celebrity row. As usual I was next to Tiger but also in the crowd were rappers Lil' Wayne, Usher, NFLer Ray Lewis, and everyone's favorite domestic violence poster boy Chris Brown. I wonder if the Magic make it into the Finals whether Jack Nicholson will be making the trip to see his beloved Lakers.
Go Magic!!

No comments: