Sunday, November 2, 2008

Crazy Anthony


  Last night was our friend Adam's annual Halloween party. Yes it was the day after Halloween but it was still fun. 
  In years past we went as Drs. Livingston. Last year Cathy went as a drunk and pregnant Britney Spears while I dressed again in my surgical scrubs (Just in case Cathy went in to labor early.). 
  This year I started planning our costumes back in August. I thought Cathy could go as alleged child murderer Casey Anthony and I would go as Casey's father George. The costumes could be made with stuff we already had and would be comfortable.
  If you don't know who Casey Anthony is allow me to fill you in. The national story first broke back in July when Casey was arrested for child neglect when she waited a month to report her daughter Caylee missing. Since then her soap opera-like story appears nightly on the Nancy Grace show. If you need more info just Google Casey Anthony and read all about it.
  The party was a lot of fun as always. Adam went above and beyond last year's effort. Guests entering through the garage found themselves walking through a scary maze and I hate things that scare me. Inside the Avitable house Amy and Adam decorated the walls to look like the inside of a tent to go along with the theme of the Neverwas Fair: A Sideshow of the Forgotten.
  The catering was yummy with meatballs, bacon-wrapped chicken and Halloween mixed drinks. In one of the guest rooms Adam had a photographer shoot portraits of us in our costumes. 
  Well we couldn't stay all night as my mom was watching the sickly one. It kind of felt like I was back in high school and had a curfew. I had fun at the party but was glad to get home and wash the baby powder out of my hair.

PS- Benjamin is much improved since Friday night. The medicine seems to really be helping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty funny. I was thinking the same thing about the Casey Anthony outfit.. even though we don't go to Halloween parties anymore. Too many priorities with our business .. we were working instead. However, I think that on the next 4th of July .. I will wear the flag! Ha! Ha!