Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fine Dining


  Last night Cathy, Benjamin and I met up with my cousin Darryl and his wife Charlotte for dinner. We decided on Maggiono's on International Drive as it was convenient for us both. 
  Darryl and Charlotte flew down from Delaware for her birthday and so Darryl could attend the PGA Show this week in Orlando. It was just nice to be able to visit with them as we haven't seen them since their wedding in Boston four years ago. 
  I have to say that Benjamin for the most part was a well-behaved 14-month-old. He ate like a horse through the entire two-your meal and I only had to take him for a walk twice. In all not bad. 
  Benjamin got some special treatment and of course flirted with all the ladies. (I mean come on no one can resist those blue eyes of his.) I had the server quickly bring out the chicken fingers with mash potatoes and broccoli while the rest of the table decided what they wanted for their dinner.
  He loved the chicken, mash and broccoli. Eventually when Cathy and I got our entrees he wanted to try what we had before eating his dessert cookies (which daddy had to try).
  When it was time for Benjamin to stretch his legs I quietly took him to the lobby and let him run like the monkey he is. He would run down the banquet room hallway before turning around and head for the front door. To his credit he never yelled out while running past the booked banquet rooms.
  By the end of dinner though he was ready for bed. He had an exhausting day at school, Gymboree and dinner with family. I signed the bill, picked up my little boy and headed for the door. At the table next to us were a party of eight who looked like they were in town for the PGA Show. One of the gentlemen said to me as I was passing, "He's a really good boy."
  "Who? My kid?," I replied. "Were you in the same dining room as us because I thought he was disruptive with all the squaking."
  The man responded, "No he was quiet."
  So I guess I was overly sensitive to Benjamin's noises during the dinner. 
  It was really good to see Darryl and Charlotte and to introduce them to Benjamin. Hopefully next time won't be so far in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.