Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taking care of the customer


  I just wanted to write a quick note about a company that cared about this consumer. This past Christmas Cathy got me a cordless grill brush from JLR Gear to replace my old and very worn out manual grill brush. It looked intriguing as it ran on AA batteries and was compact in size. Not to mention a cool gadget for me with which to play.
  I headed out to the grill on Christmas day to remove all the caked on gook from my many cookouts. Well I guess the grill was no match for my gook as it stopped rotating soon after I started. Now looking back on it I probably could've helped my cause by heating up the grilling surface first using the burners. I have also learned that you don't have to press to firmly on the grills for the cordless brush to work effectively. These two things may have lead to my brush's early demise.
  Like a kid who just broke his Millennium Falcon soon after unwrapping it I went inside to tell Cathy the upsetting news. She calmed me down and said she'd see what she could do. I whimpered away to go play with my Legos .. err I mean my Apple TV.
  Cathy found JLR Gear's website and wrote a letter explaining what happened. A few days later she received a response from the company who apologized for any inconvenience and said they were sending a brand new one to replace the old one. NICE!!!
  So yesterday my UPS guy dropped off the new one and I quickly broke it open, inserted 6 AA batteries and headed out to the grill. Yes I turn on the burners first and yes I went lightly around the grills with the brush. 
  The cordless brush is amazing to watch. I know it's probably like watching a dental hygienist polish the plaque off of teeth but it was way cooler. All the gook came off so easily. I probably needed to flip them over and get the under side but that would have to wait until later as I had chicken to grill for dinner.
  So as I've written here before, I always like to highlight when a company gives good customer service. Thank you JLR Gear you took care of me.
  Now I wonder what Mattel could do about that Millennium Flacon I broke back in 1981.

No comments: