Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making the Switch


  Last week I found a story on one of my Apple blogs that AT&T was running a special until New Year's on refurbished iPhone 3Gs. Brand new these cell phones would cost you $199 but AT&T was selling them for $99. Not bad I thought.
  I told Cathy about it as I know that once her current cell contract expired with Verizon in July she was jumping over to the iPhone and AT&T. At first she didn't want to pull the trigger but it soon changed.
  As she was coming home last Tuesday I got a call from her asking when the special expired as her current phone was acting on its own. I told her that if she pulled the trigger now she would actually save money because the cancellation fee along with the purchase price of the iPhone would only come to $153. If she waited until July to be out of contract she'd have to buy it brand new for $199. The next sound I heard was the trigger being pulled.
  So yesterday our UPS guy showed up and asked me what was in the box. He said, "I've been delivering these things all day." I told him what it was and the light came on.
  I made sure that the phone was completely charged for Cathy when she got home as I knew how excited she was about the new cell. She spent the weekend reviewing which applications she wanted on her newest cell phone. She had everything from a software that would call a cab to one that turned the phone into a level. Like she's going to be doing carpentry or something.
  Well after Benjamin went to bed last night we plugged in her phone and began the process of switching her cellular service over from Verizon and her possessed phone to the almost perfect iPhone with AT&T.
  Once the switch was completed I showed her a couple of tricks and tips with her phone. Things such as how to view a satellite map of where she was as well as how to use Fring for VoIP calls  (Uncle Ron's eyes are rolling again.).
  I did see that Cathy used the Facebook application on her iPhone today to update her status to say she was loving her new iPhone. Ahh I love converting people. Ask Rob.

No comments: