Monday, October 13, 2008

Completing the Trifecta


  Ok last week I talked about shooting three games in 30 hours. Well I decided to do it again this week with two ALCS baseball games and an NFL game. What the hell was I thinking?
  Friday night I shot Game 1 and got to bed around 2:30 am and was able to sleep in a bit before getting in a run. I followed that up with a marathon game the next night that went 11 innings and into the next day. I didn't get to bed until close to 4 am Sunday morning.
  Five hours later I was up and heading to the Bucs' game at Raymond James Stadium. What was I doing? It's one thing to shoot back to back games in air conditioning but it's another to go shoot a game that had field temperatures in the triple digits. 
  I decided to only stay for three quarters in order to beat the traffic and get home safely. It was freakin' hot. I mean at one point I asked one of my colleagues if it was still August because it sure didn't feel like October.
  The Bucs beat the stuffing out of the Carolina Panthers which made me feel better about leaving early. I was able to get several different images for my stock before heading out.
  In all I had a busy week but I was glad to get home and see my family. Benjamin just smiled when I walked through the door as if I had only run out to Publix for a gallon of milk. I guess I should be grateful that he recognized my exhausted face.

No comments: