Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thank You Rays


  As I watched the Philadelphia Phillies close things out in the World Series I felt sad. I was sad that my home town team didn't win the game and bring the Series back home to win it.
  That sadness was short lived. You see my Rays gave me a season that every fan will look back on with great admiration. Kind of like the '79 Bucs who turned things around after going 0-20 went to the NFC Championship. 
  The Rays to this point were looked upon as all of MLB's farm team. It was the team that aging players went to to finish careers and the team up-and-comers played for before hitting it big somewhere else.
  This season I shot more games at the Trop since then their 1998 inaugural season. I shot 15 games in St. Pete which included a great end of the season series against the Red Sox. I spent two nights covered in Champagne inside the Rays lockeroom. I shot an incredible Game 7 and saw my Rays win the Pennant.
  And finally my Rays allowed me to shoot my very first World Series.  Thank you Rays!

No comments: