Saturday, October 11, 2008

Well That was Fun, Not!


  Last night's Game 1 of the ALCS between the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays was a pitchers duel. In other words, I got no action pictures. With Dice-K pitching a no-hitter into the seventh inning there were little opportunities to get action shots with the exception of the Sox scoring a couple uneventful, old-school style runs.
  The Rays had their chances but couldn't capitalize to put them over. Not to mention Matsuzaka was able to keep his cool and pitch himself out of multiple jams before leaving the game in the eighth inning.
  I have to admit it was kind of cool to be shooting the ALCS and I am looking forward to tonight's game. I just hope this time the game has more action to it than what I had to shoot last night which was a lot of Rays striking out or looking sad along the dugout rail. 
  Apparently I was on the TBS broadcast during the second inning when a foul ball came my way. I got a couple of text messages and Facebook comments which I read on my phone in between inning. 
  For anyone who thinks I've got the best seat in the house let me burst your bubble. The view is the best you could imagine. I mean I'm on the playing field. The realty of it is that I get to sit on a poorly made bench that we have to tilt on it side in order to see over the block of concrete they poured to protect us from foul balls. By the end of last night's game my back was killing me.
  Tonight I might have to walk around to my Whitney Bank Club spot and grab some Ahi tuna and ice cold Dasani water. The only thing I ask is, "Come on Rays frickin' win one at home!"

No comments: