Friday, October 24, 2008

Now We're Even


  Well I have to say that I'm more pleased with the result of last night's game as opposed to how Game 1 ended. The bad part of it was that I spent more time in the workroom than I did out shooting on the field. We just had more images coming in that needed to be uploaded to our editors due to the fact that there was more action during Game 2 than the previous night.
  As for my cold, I felt better than I sounded. A friend of mine told me that if the photography thing didn't work out I could go in to radio with my new, cool voice. It sounded like I had smoked three packs a day for 20 years. And yes I had my hot tea with lemon last night.
  At the end of the game I grabbed a few images of the Rays players celebrating the franchise's first World Series win and scrambled through the crowd to file the jubilation images on the wire before grabbing my two remotes.
  Finally I got something worthwhile on my remotes. A play at the plate involving Tampa Bay's Rocco Baldelli and Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz got me the above image on both my remote cameras. I like how Rocco flew up in the air and decked Ruiz hoping to pop the ball loose and score a run. Ruiz held on but it's still a nice frame.
  My feeling is that they'll come back and play a game 6 where the Rays will win it. (I'm knocking on wood right now like you wouldn't believe.) But for now I have the weekend off for a change and I'm really looking forward to not shooting baseball.

No comments: