Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh What A Night


  Game 2 is the reason why I hate how MLB panders to primetime TV. I mean who in their right mind if they aren't a diehard fan of either team would stay up until almost 2 a.m. EDT to watch a baseball game?
  Last night's ALCS started half an hour earlier than Game 1 but finished two hours later. I didn't walk out of Tropicana Field until 3:30 this morning and didn't get to bed until 4:30 am. That's crazy. I haven't done that since college.
  I will say this though that I felt like I shot a better game last night than I did Friday. Partly because it wasn't a pitchers' duel. It was also a result of several lead changes during the game.
  I started at my first base position and lasted until the third inning when I thought I needed to change things up a bit. I walked over to our other shooting position which is directly behind the Red Sox batting circle. From there I was able to get Pedroia's homer as well as some stuff of "Big Papi".
  Then I needed a snack so I headed up to the Whitney Bank Suite to.. ugh... shoot. Yeah that was my main reason for going up there. To shoot. And of course grab some of the Ahi tuna. 
  I don't know if it was the tuna or not but I started getting some nice action images from up there and the Rays started showing they had some life left in them during this ALCS.
  By the seventh inning I went back to my original spot behind first base to shoot the remainder of the game. Had I know that meant another four innings I might have walked around a little more. 
  The photographers sitting next to me and I couldn't believe we were still shooting a baseball game at 1 in the morning. It seemed like it wouldn't ever end. So by the time BJ Upton hit his sacrifice fly in the 11th to win the game I was ready for bed. Unfortunately I still had to download 1500 images to my external drive, grab my remotes and pack everything up.
  When my head hit the pillow this morning at 4:30 am all I could think about was getting back up in a few hours to roll to the Bucs' game. And so Groundhog's Day continues.

No comments: