Sunday, October 26, 2008

Doing Something Else For a Change

  It felt so good yesterday to go out and do something other than shooting a game for a change. I've been looking forward to the Florida Land Rover Club's annual Fall Rally for weeks now. Ever since I did it last year I've been telling Cathy how fun the event is and how she'd like to see what her truck could do while on a trail ride. 
  So we decided to send Benjamin off for the day with Mimi (my mom) while we drove to Lake City and went trail riding with other Rover lovers. Besides Benjamin had a very busy social calendar and I didn't have the energy to keep up with him.
  I did all the driving through the Osceola National Forrest and Cathy watched. She said she found the rally to be very relaxing. We actually had the whole day to just catch up with one another while we climbed over fallen trees, ran up dirt hills and forded waist-deep mud waters. It's the little things that bring romance back into a marriage.

No comments: