Sunday, October 19, 2008

One More Game


  It now officially feels like Groundhog's Day. The days definitely run together and feel alike. I get to Tropicana Field around 3:30 pm and have my bags sniffed by a yellow lab. Then head to the photo workroom down the hall from the Red Sox clubhouse.
  After setting up my laptop and making sure all the settings for transmitting are working I head out to the field and try to feel my remotes. By that I mean that I try and take what I got from their positions the previous game and adjust taking in to consideration what might happen in the next game. 
  Yesterday I had trouble with the remote camera set to fire at home plate in from the back of the visitor's dugout. For some reason it couldn't receive the signal to fire when I was in my field position but if I were in the Whitney Bank Suite it fired all the time. So after I was done transmitting last night/early this morning I moved the dugout remote in front of the TBS cameras and tested it. It worked.
  In addition to the home plate camera, I also rigged a remote tonight near the hole of the Red Sox dugout to get Terry Francona or other players high-fiving teammates as they come back to the dugout after scoring a homerun.
  I have to say that if my post season ride ends tonight it has been a fun one. I've covered NFL and NBA playoffs previously and this was interestingly different. It came with it's own unique obstacles that challenged me. All that's left for me to do is to go out tonight and have a good game. Go Rays!

No comments: