Monday, September 22, 2008

A Blessed Day


  Yesterday was a very special day in the Livingston house. It was Benjamin's baptism as well as my own. Add on to that we had my Aunt Barbara fly in from Milwaukee to perform both baptisms.
  I really enjoy days like the one we had yesterday. For me to be baptized along with my son gave me a deeper bond with him. Attending St. Paul's Presbyterian over the last year and a half has been a good resource for both Cathy and I especially now as parents. Even when sitting in the crying room I am still able to take life lessons with me from the service.
  Benjamin was so good during the Sunday service. And when it was time for us to go on stag he knew what to do. He definitely loves to be the center of attention and now he was in the spotlight. He gave a smile and a look as if he knew exactly what was expected of him. First though Barbara had to baptize me. I joked with her after and told her if she needed they had pitchers available. It felt as if I had been baptized in the "Jordan" River. (For those who don't know my Aunt Barbara's last name is Jordan.)
  After the service, everyone was invited back to our house for a celebration. It was nice to have such close friends and family. Too bad Benjamin had to take a nap immediately after we got home.
  It's important for Benjamin to know that his family of relatives and friends is large and they are there for him. It's also important for him to know that his faith is also there when he needs help in this world. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend and to those who kept Benjamin in their prayers.

1 comment:

Robert Hudson said...

Wow - I'm glad that at least one of the photos came out in focus. You know how you always complain about my camera settings? Well, at the Baptism, I couldn't see crap in your camera's viewfinder - I had to rely on Canon's ability to focus...