Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A New Association


  As I've alluded to in an earlier post, I am going through and redesigning my business. I'm still working on redesigning my websites. I am also rethinking my brand. 
  So a few weeks ago I applied to and was accepted to join the Wedding Photojournalist Association. WPJA is a professional organization made up of photojournalists and wedding photographers from around the world. They are a resource for brides much like TheKnot.com but made for couples looking for a documentary approach to their wedding album. The other photographers listed on the site fall in line more with my style of wedding photography as well as price point.
  Before I joined WPJA I listed with The Knot as well as another site for wedding vendors. The second one I joined last year in the hopes that it would generate more leads. When my sales rep called me to renew I told him that I wouldn't as the site yielded no leads. 
  So I will have to see how this new direction goes. Now all I have left to do is finish the website and get some new promo albums produced. It never ends.

No comments: