Friday, September 12, 2008

Chariots of Fire


  This morning Benjamin went on a run with his daddy for the first time and I think he liked it. One of my neighbors Lisa told me she was going for a run and asked if I wanted to tag along. I quickly called our friends Ryan and Kelly to see if I could borrow Bella's super sweet jogging/bike/stroller/Iditarod stroller. Kelly told me it was no problem.
  I was psyched to go running as it was impossible this week with Cathy being out of town and Benjamin's regular stroller just wouldn't handle the four miles.
  The stroller is pretty amazing. It can convert to all the scenarios above and maybe some I haven't yet figured out. It's like the Cadillac Transformer of kiddie carriers. 
  At first Benjamin didn't know what to make of this new chariot. It was far roomer than his and had some neat sun shades and vented sides. Not the open-air ride he's grown accustomed. He did like feeling the wind whip through his hair and watching Lisa huff and puff next to him.
  By the end of the run not only was daddy pooped and thirsty so was Mino. I carried my little guy under the pits to his crib and gave him some juice before letting him fall asleep for his morning nap. 
  You know it takes a lot out of you when you go on a run with a Mac Daddy stroller. Afterwards all you want to do is rest. Just ask my son.

3 comments:

Dad said...

cypress1
Boy is the lighting on this photo bad.....
There is a very bad "shadow" covering your face....
Oh, wait that looks to be a beard????
How did Benjamin like daddy's facial hair blowing in the wind not to mention that wonderful sweaty feel to the beard.

Love,

Dad

Chris Livingston said...

He likes to grab my beard and tell me ho much gray is in it. It's no mustache while running in the Bull Run but it does catch the sweat.

Amy said...

Too cute but we vote no on the beard. Benjamin gets cuter by the second.