Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hostess with the Mostest


  This week it was my turn to host Play Date Thursday which was probably not a good idea considering Cathy is up in Ann Arbor, MI this week. In fact looking back what was I thinking?
  So at our play dates it's usually our group from Gymboree and some others. This week I invited my friend Christina to bring her almost five-month-old son Joseph since it's hard for her to socialize with others who don't need a diaper change these days. I also invited Kristen who lives in our neighborhood and has a beautiful one-year-old boy named Michael.
  I decided it would best if I prepared something beforehand that could be refrigerated until everyone showed up. So once Benjamin went down for his morning nap, I grilled some chicken strips and chopped it up to use in some wraps. I have to pat myself on the back as I had both spinach and flour wraps set out along with the chicken and freshly chopped tomatoes, green onion, avocado and some sour cream waiting on the kitchen bar when my guest arrived. 
  Some of the moms brought over some other dishes to help with the lunch. So with the wraps we also had a pasta salad and homemade banana pudding which I still have some left in the fridge. 
  Let me just tell you how exhausted I am from hosting Play Day Thursday. Between serving, getting drinks, making sure my kid wasn't eating rabbit poop, cleaning up, answering client emai... where's Benjamin? I thought I was going to collapse. 
  In the end I know Benjamin enjoys being able to play with his friends outside of class and it helps him develop his social skills. I just wish I could afford a caterer next it's my week.

PS- Today would've been my grandmother Lily's 89th birthday. Happy Birthday Grandma.

No comments: