Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Boston Massacre


  Last night was the first of a three game series that I'm covering between the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays. For those who aren't baseball fans or are Pirate fans this means everything in regards to who wins the American League East title. 
  The Rays went to Fenway last week and took 2 of the 3 games and hoped to build on their lead in the division in this week's series with the Sox. Let's just say they looked like the Rays of old when the Red Sox kept hitting them out of the park and beat the Rays 13-5.
  It was so bad I could've left when I finished transmiting in the fifth inning and would not have missed anything noteworthy. Instead I stuck around until the end of the eighth inning and made my hour, 45 minute trek back to Orlando. 
  This year has been amazing for my hometown team. We are no longer the butt of baseball jokes and are relevant in September. Before this year we were usually out of the playoff picture after the All-Star game. Now we're hoping to go deep in the playoffs.
  So here I am again sitting in the media dining room at Tropicana Field banging out a blog, eating bad BBQ and looking forward to just having to drive to Rob's to sleep tonight. I'm exhausted from the last few days of driving to Tampa and driving back late. Ah the thought of not having a wake-up call sound like a crying 10-month is welcomed.

No comments: