Monday, September 8, 2008

Glad I shot this Guy


  To all of my Patriot fans, my deepest sympathies. When I saw the video of your future Hall-of-Fame quarterback go down with a blown knee I cringed for New Englanders. Seeing Tom Brady wincing in pain while lying on the field yesterday made me think that my Bucs might have a shot at the Super this year.
  I had the chance to shoot the Patriots last month when they played a preseason game in Tampa. Brady, who was still nursing a nagging injury from last season, didn't even travel to Florida. His absence gave his backup Matt Cassel some quality playing time. It foreshadowed what the Patriots offense would look like this season.
  I'm just glad I shot the otherwise throw away game. Because I got have stock pictures of Cassel actually playing in a game I have an edge on other photographers who only have Brady. Now that it's official that Brady's injury ends his season there aren't that many images of the Patriots' new leader in game action. This may get me some additional sales to the magazines looking for photos to go with Cassel stories. 
  If anything it teaches you that you never know what's going to happen and that you have to be prepared.

1 comment:

Dad said...

"Glad I shot this guy"??????

Good thing your weren't discussing a political candidate or a celeb.

Love,

Dad